Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I need your advice on a boy situation please. Only mature people please. It's long....?

I'm 26 by the way....





First of all, I'm typically a quiet person around strangers until you get to know me. So while I've dated on and off, it really hasn't come to much and I've only been in a couple of short term relationships.





I met a friend through friend at a party and we immediately clicked, which has never happened to me before (as it usually takes people a while to get to know me to determine they like me or I'm just plain boring). Well, we spent a week together going to movies, hanging out, getting to know each other and the like. We made plans for the following week and he said he would call. A day went by and I didn't hear from him and knew something was up. A few days went by and I eventually got a text from him saying his ex was back in town and he was confused, etc. I texted him back and said good luck with whatever he decided and to contact me if he ever wanted to talk, which was just my polite way of responding to his saying, ';I don't want you.'; I do admit I was crushed.





So a couple of months pass by and I get a text randomly one night from him saying he's thought about me and would like to talk to me. I only responded at first because the number that came on my phone was unrecognizable and I had to ask who the person was. He said who he was and I didn't text back because I didn't want to get the wheels turning for some type of drama. I'm not dating anyone else, but I guess I just believe that if a guy likes you, he likes you and that putting my hope into dating him again would be foolish because he could dash my hopes again or suddenly decide the ex was much better after all. Also, he waited two months to contact me. I still won't get over, however, the fact that we clicked so immediately which is very rare for me to find with anyone.





So, my question is, do you think I'm doing the right thing? I refuse to settle, but is this simply a wishy washy guy. Any personal stories out there you can contribute?I need your advice on a boy situation please. Only mature people please. It's long....?
Oh, I don't like him already. He's a jerk for just putting you down for his EX (!!!) and then he waited two months to talk to you? Honey, he's not right. He was scared to contact you-he thought that you wouldn't understand. But for all you know, maybe he was still dating his 'ex' when he was going out with you. Oh, I don't like him. You did perfectly. 10/10.I need your advice on a boy situation please. Only mature people please. It's long....?
The guy has serious issues and I think that if you get involved with him the reality of the relationship is just going to be an emotional roller coaster- for you. I mean he has shown you that he is not really reliable since at first point when the ex came around he could have called then and there to tell you that he would not be able to link up with you as planned.





Now after all that time he wants to chill with you? I mean it seems that for the period that he didn't call you he was trying to make it work with his ex but since that did not work apparently now you are good enough for him? I agree he seems really flaky. Its such a pity that real cool guys sometimes turn out to be such pricks! Ithink that your actions are totally the right thing to do because its the only way for you to prevent ant major drama or heartbreak from happening.
I think your definitely doing the right thing! this has happened to me before and from my experience, if a guy tells you he's ';confused'; or basically that he's not interested in pursuing you any further, then he isn't, simple as that. and if he comes back 2 months later it's probably because something didn't work out with him and his ex or he doesn't have any other women in his life and wants to backtrack and try you again. but honestly, if that's how he's going to be - then you don't want him anyway! you deserve a guy that's going to make you his first priority from the get-go and not come crying back months later when something else doesn't work out. i can understand how hard it is to have to let go of someone you feel that connection with, and how disappointing it is. but it's probably for the best. and to know that there is one guy you can click with like that means that there are others!


but also on the other hand, if you do feel it's something special then you could risk getting your heart crushed a little bit and go for it and see where it goes. just know in advance that it might not end well.


just from the times guys have done this to me, i had to learn that unless they want me and only me, they aren't really worth it.


hope this helps :) good luck love

No comments:

Post a Comment