Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need advice about my son's mental health.He is shy in new environment and people.?

My 4 year old son is quite healthy physically and smart ,very thoughtful comparing to other kids of his age or above.He speaks very well both in English and my mother tongue.He can read,write all English Alphabets,his name and many more.At home,he talks very thoughtful and intelligent.Even at his age,he talks so thoughtful that we parent sometimes get suprised.He plays most of the games on computer himself...But,he is shy when he meets new people.He wants to play with much bigger people, for example,say graduate students.He appears to speak nothing to new people ,though he enjoys playing with them.He says'I wanna go someone's home'.But when I take him to their home,he speaks to no one,rather he starts to play with them,not using even a word .It seems he thinks more than he talks.His such behavior worries us(parent).Need advice about my son's mental health.He is shy in new environment and people.?
You may have a budding genius or child prodigy on you hands. He is remarkable for his age. You might want to get him tested for confirmation of this. Shyness in a child of this age is not unusual...but his intellect is very high above the norm. You must be very proud of him. It is extremely important that you keep him well grounded emotionally...which I believe is already taking place through your concern and love for him. I suspect he gets bored very easily. Children of high intellect seldom display an interest in the same things of other children his age. He sounds very special to me. You need to learn how you can best develop his potential.Need advice about my son's mental health.He is shy in new environment and people.?
Well I'd say maybe he needs more contact with kids rather with the computer or video games. Find out what he likes doing, and take him to a class with kids his age. Swimming, painting, there are lots of stuff out there !


And maybe you can ';bargain him'; Like if you make a friend, I'll buy both of you an ice crem





What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment