Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm a young SingerSongwriter. But I'm tired of people calling my music gay just because it isn't rap. Advice?

I mean, I respect people who like that sexual stuff, but why can't they respect me? I just want to provide clean music to listen to, and just to live my dream really. By the way, anyone no of a way I can get my music out there without professionally recording it?I'm a young SingerSongwriter. But I'm tired of people calling my music gay just because it isn't rap. Advice?
They're never going to respect you because...you're music is different then theirs. Look to other bands in your genre for inspiration and advice and ignore what the other people say to you. Do you mean you actually respect that music, or you just respect those people's opinions for liking rap?





Record your own mixtapes, try starting a Myspace or another webpage with your music on it, pass out copies of your CDs after a gig to people who liked you, or tell people to check out your webpage. I know a band that never professionally recorded anything but have 3 CDs out and are becoming more and more popular in the Indie Rock scene.I'm a young SingerSongwriter. But I'm tired of people calling my music gay just because it isn't rap. Advice?
Don't listen...and keep with your own style, hopefully, people will be able to respect it for what it is....I personally don't listen to rap very frequently....so... Good luck!





%26amp; you can start a myspace music page or a purevolume to get to out there.
It is good that you want clean music ,I was watching CMT , AND IT HAS GOTTEN BAD . Belive in you self and live your dream. it does not matter what people say , because only you can let them hurt you , and I am learning that everyday,. Be stroung and keep trying never give up!!!!!!
maybe you can try hanging out with people who like your music and or find new people who will like your music
Just keep writing %26amp; ignore those who can't handle what U write.
record it and put it on myspace thats an easy way to get your music out there. And if guys really think its gay, then that means you're probabley gonna get a lot of pussy when you make it big
If you are serious about the business, you need to learn RIGHT NOW to stop caring what they think. No matter how many fans you have, you will have twice as many haters at any given time. Get over it, move on, and just remember: your music isn't for them anyway!





And as far as getting your music out there w/ out professionally recording, there are lots of ways. You could unprofessionally record it yourself. Also, you could look into local, appropriate venues (ones that would have shows of your type of music regularly) and see if there are any openings you can get, opening up for a bigger act or something. However, if you don't have recorded music in some form, that may prove very difficult. The best way is to just get some kind of recording, even in your basement with the Fisher Price mic set, and get it up on MySpace or something.





Best of luck!
Stop hanging out with people who like rap, and stop playing your music for people who like rap. They'll never get it, and rap is idiot music anyway. Go where there are people like you, who enjoy the same kind of music you do.





You can do your own recording. Get a TASCAM DP-01 FX, which is a recording machine that makes CDs, and a decent mike like a Shure SM-57. You can then learn to record yourself and if you take time to learn to do it right, you can make your own demo tapes and CDs. You can then copy your own CD's and make your own albums. You could also set up your own website, or get a MySpace page, and upload your music there.





The key is persistence. Just keep on doing what you're doing, in spite of what anyone says.
Follow your own dreams, not other people's. Rap all sounds the same.
In my opinion we don't need anymore rap in this world, all it is is a bunch of violent bullshit that u can't understand anyways. Props to u for doing a differnt genre, we need more variety these days. My advice to u about getting your music out there is try playing at some local venues where they let u try out for free, just one way of getting your stuff out there. Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment