Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need some advice on buying a new clarinet, people with experience please read.?

okay, so I'm am going into eight grade and for the summer i will be attending a philharmonics jazz and blues school.


befor i start i would like to upgrade my clarinet. so to tell the truth i have no current knowledge about different types of clarinets, but this is the one i had my eye on:


http://www.wwbw.com/Buffet-Crampon-E11-Bb-Intermediate-Clarinet-462795-i1143737.wwbw





okay, so i still have some questions.....


-how do i figure out what kind of clarinet i have now. it is a Yamaha and i rent it. i am pretty sure that it is a b12.





- would the clarinet i am looking at be a good step up from what i have now?


-have you ever tried this type before?


-is it any good?





would you suggest any other type of clarinet that is under $2000 and would be a good step up from my old clarinet?





thanks for reading this, i really appreciate it.I need some advice on buying a new clarinet, people with experience please read.?
Hi there!


First off, I think you picked a great horn! :) The E11 is a stunning step up horn, and you need to take VERY good care of it. I'm taking a guess that the one you have right now is a student Yamaha YCL-250 (the B12 is in fact, a Buffet Crampon)- this one? http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Clar鈥?/a>





WWBW states the E11 as an intermediate horn, which it is, so I think you are looking at a good step-up horn. :) Word to the wise: DON'T sell your Yamaha horn- if the sound is still great, use it for marching band- since it's plastic and can go outside and hold it's own against some bad weather (obviously not a violent storm, but you know what you mean)- DON'T try this with a wooden clarinet, it will be RUINED.





I don't think I need to suggest another one- but if you want to stick with Yamaha, then try the YCL-450. However, I suggest you stick to Buffet or Selmer or LeBlanc. Yamaha makes some of the best student horns available, but after intermediate level, they just don't match up to the Buffets and Selmers of the same level.





Good luck and feel free to email me with more questions! :)


xoxoxoxI need some advice on buying a new clarinet, people with experience please read.?
An excellent clarinet is the Ridenour Lyrique! And it is well under $2000.





http://www.ridenourclarinetproducts.com/





It has a better, more even sound and pitch than most Selmer, Buffet and Leblanc clarinets and is not wood so it will never crack . Also it comes with a fine mouthpiece. Tom Ridenour designed clarinets at Leblanc and started his own company. I played clarinet professionally 35 years and sold my vintage Buffets and now play a Lyrique and love it!
Yes, it would be a good step up, it is excellent to play on, I have one and it is very good- I would recommend it!
I wouldn't bother with switching to an intermediate clarinet, you should invest into a professional one. Sure, the Buffet E11 will sound alot better and will give you a little better key work, but a professional clarinet will make you better faster and will set you up for excellence for years to come. I just bought a used Selmer Series 10g professional clarinet at my local music store for $1000 as an upgrade from my old plastic one. I tried the very same clarinet that you have a link to and compared it to the Selmer, and the 1970's Selmer outplayed the new E11 by miles, even though the E11 was more money. To sum this whole rant up, you should buy a used professional clarinet, which will give you a ton more for your money. Good luck!!!
well I played the clarinet for 3 years at middle school (Beginning,intermediate,and advanced) 6th,7th,8th


but i quit for about 2 years ago because I didn't want to do marching band in high school...


but anyways


I had a plastic one. brand=(Bundy) which is less expensive the a wood clarinet.


my suggestion is that you should go to store like Sam Ash and check it out rather than buying it online because you never know in about a couple of days later with shipping and handling might not be the best thing.


but Hey!


check out this site


it has a Buffet B12 thats $610.00 according to something that is $2,000








idk if that's what your looking for,


just helping out.





if the link doesn't help,


click on my picture and email me


so I can give you a better look at the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment