Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why do people ask questions on here and then clearly not take the advice given or disagree with.... ?

the majority of the answers





ive spotted a couple of these today - being given the thumbs down just cos they dont agree with your answer - when its right - like advising someone to get their hair professionally dyed instead of doing it themselves...





I mean WHY ASK!!!!!??Why do people ask questions on here and then clearly not take the advice given or disagree with.... ?
drives me mad as well...why ask for advice if you only give thumbs up to the things you want to hear Why do people ask questions on here and then clearly not take the advice given or disagree with.... ?
The thumbs down isn't necessarily being given by the askers of the question. A thumbs up or a thumbs down can be given by anyone, even if you haven't posted an answer. This unfortunately lets any idiot do whatever they want though. And this place has plenty of idiots.





I do however like having the thumbs up and thumbs down option because you can let the poster know if their answer is a good one or not, or if you agree or not.





You also have to take into account some peoples past experience. For example a few ladies I know have had their hair almost destroyed by supposedly professional hairdressers, so they prefer to do things like dying it themselves. It is a persons right to disagree with you if they wish.





I answered a question today where the question was itself actually quite ignorant about racism, and I gave a thumbs down to the equally ignorant answers it attracted, but a thumbs up to the sensible ones. I even reported abuse on one answer as it was appallingly racist. So having the thumbs down option can work well if used by sensible people.





Some people sadly just abuse it though.
There is no way to know who gives thumbs down. It is not necessarily the asker who does it. Any member of the site can thumb someone down.





You can't say that an opinion is absolutely right It may be absolutely right for the person who holds the opinion but not for everyone else. .As for your example in question I wouldn't agree with telling someone to get their hair colored professionally uinless they were lightening it. Too expensive!! I buy henna for $4/box and color my hair 2-3 times with that one box. People stop me on the street to compliment and ask about my hair color. Pay up to $300 for a dye job that may or may not be for me and for chemical color to which I'm allergic? Not in this lifetime :)
Everyone that answers (with a sensible answer) believes, initially, that the rest will accept that it is correct. Unfortunately there will always be a number that do not agree and mark answers down, or for that matter mark answers down just for the sheer hell of it!





It happens to me, particularly when I give an answer from experience that I know is correct, but you can't please all the people all of the time,





Just accept that you've given an answer in good faith, if the enquirer chooses to ignore it, you've done your best and they are the only one that will suffer.
yes I do find that rather daft. I answered a question yesterday which asked for my opinion and got thumbs down. The problem is, my opinion is my opinion and whoever gave me thumbs down is also worthy of thumbs down...from my opinion. But I don't intrude on their opinion, so why intrude on mine?
People are just mean or they just want to be contrary -- just to do it. No real reason. Sometimes, I see people being mean to kids in the mall or the playground and they are just grumpy -- so, just let it go and chalk it off to a negative attitude.
because some people just want reassurance so they ask a question they already know the answer to, to just make sure and its not always the person that's asked the question that gives the thumbs down anyone looking at the answers can give thumbs down
Personally I think the thumbs down facility should be removed as it's so frequently abused.
because they can, they will and they do.
Shrugs shoulders
trolls, it's their 5pts their wasting so their loss
woop woop i agree go you Helen S

No comments:

Post a Comment