Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any teachers or others who can offer advice.. How to get rid of annoying people!?.. ?

I am asking this question for my sister in law:)


She's a primary school teacher, and her job right now is working as a grade 2 teacher. After school it's realy important for her to organise lesson plans etc. for the next day... it takes her ages.





The problem is, after school another teacher continuously comes into her office to talk to her for 10 - 30 minutes at a time.. It's makes it impossible to work during this time! This other teacher is one of those who doesn't easily take a hint..





So, the question is: How can my sister make sure this teacher stops wasting her time, but still maintain a civil working relationship??





Thanks guys...Any teachers or others who can offer advice.. How to get rid of annoying people!?.. ?
She needs to take the bull by the horns and say something like


'I'm really sorry ______, but I just don't have time to chat right now. I have lots of work to get done so I can get home at a reasonable hour.'


She doesn't have to be rude, just matter of fact. She also needs to make eye contact when doing this. The eye contact lets the person know you are serious. Many times women do not make eye contact when talking to someone about a controversial subject, like this one. That just makes the receiver think you are not serious and continue the behavior. Any teachers or others who can offer advice.. How to get rid of annoying people!?.. ?
Your s-i-l can close her door. Put up an 'Out to Lunch' sign. Sometimes, you have to be rude with people to get your point across. Have her to say, ';If you will excuse me, I am really behind in some work that I must do.'; ';Let's get together for coffee later.';
I would respond to that person thusly: I'd love to sit and chat but you'll have to excuse me, I have a lot of work to finish up. Then show her the doorway.
show that concentrating on her work... even when 'another teacher' comes to her, try not to look at him/her so often, just answer occasionally... and excuse that she is doing 'this', smile.
She simply needs to explain to the intruder that she cannot concentrate on her work %26amp; talk at the same time %26amp; that she has immediate plans that require her attention as soon as she can finish...
simple, tell the associate that she is busy and that she needs to get her work done.
you say can I catch up with you later I'm on the clock here,.... unless of course YOU want to pay my overtime? then we can chat as long as you like.
when they come to talk, just keep doing her works and ignore them!

No comments:

Post a Comment