Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fashion people of Y!A, I need your advice and fashion skills!!?

First of all, thanks for clicking on my question and I hope ur having a great summer. Now to my question. I'm going on my Junior year in high school and I was wondering what the basic fall essentials are. I shop at places like Urban Outfitters, H%26amp;M, and Forever 21 to give a few examples. Also, keep in mind that I live in Los Angeles, CA so it doesn't really get too cold. And I'd like to add that I'm skinny (and in the midst of struggling to gain weight), so it would be nice if u guys could give tips on clothes to flatter my small frame, instead of make it stand out in a bad way. Thanks a lot, I'm looking for things that I can mix and match and easily fit into my closet. Thanks again!! :DFashion people of Y!A, I need your advice and fashion skills!!?
Not a girl, but I can give you some advice. What's good for fall:


-Scarves (any color you want, will take attention away from you slender frame)


-Cardigans (you can start with a grey, as that color works on most people (the darker you are, the lighter the grey, vice versa)


-jeans (for slender women, they can pull of any color, just try to stick with dark blue, medium blue, light blue, white, grey, and black)


-loafers


-ballet flats


-military-style clothes (trench coats, pea coats, all work on you)


-colors: purple, red, mustard yellow





And to help with clothes:


Since you are skinny, wear skinny or slim-cut jeans. Don't worry about appearing too skinny; skinny jeans make your hips look curvier and fuller. If you wear straight-cut or boot-cut, your hips will look non-existent. Because your legs are thin, you can pull of all sorts of color jeans, but to be more stylish and less trendy, only opt for getting dark blue, black, grey, white, or medium blue jeans. Jeans that are red, pink, bright blue, etc. will only be ';in'; for a couple of seasons, so by choosing the neutral colors, your wardrobe will last longer. Due to you shape, you can wear horizontal stripes as much as you want. Layering is another great way for you to add some ';bulk'; to your frame. On a cold day, try wearing a shirt with both a cardigan and jacket over it to look stylish and keep warm. Make sure that the jacket is the loosest article your wearing, and the shirt should be the tightest. But remember to make your clothes fit you. Baggy clothes will only make you look too thin. The places you shop sound great for people with slender bodies. I also recommend looking at stores such as Express and Free People. Good luck!





Edit: Here's some more advice. If you have a short waist, go for low rise skinny jeans. This will visually increase the length of your torso, while helping you look more proportionate and taller. If you have a long waist, go for higher rise skinny jeans. As you can guess they make legs look longer, and more proportional.Fashion people of Y!A, I need your advice and fashion skills!!?
power shoulder jacket, sheer or thin material blouse, skinny jeans, open toe booties or gladiator heel. If ur really skinny u shoulnt wear alot of dark color. n before i forget, try some corset top with high waist wide leg pant or high waist skirt, also tight n platform pump.
go for things like a fantastic pair of skinnies, a light cardigan, a tank top you can wear with anything. being small you can really wear whatever you want. you may not thing so but trust me you can.
Straight leg jeans will elongate your frame. :D


I always wear tops that accentuate my small waist, usually flowy tops to draw the attention away from my short legs. Haha.
Take a look at my fashion blog:


http://hunter-fashionblog.blogspot.com/





From my understanding, you are petite and have a boy shape.


This is how you should dress:


Floral dresses, plain colored cardigans, black tights usually make you look taller and covering your cleavage will even out the proportion of your body !Above the knee is good, too. An a-line is probably the best bet. Clean lines and straight cut, better to have less fabric on a smaller frame than have you drown in the dress. Something pretty and even bold would be good. Anything that accentuates your figure so you don't appear ';tiny'; will work. Bright colors will help bring attention to your style while softer shades will look more neutral and subdued. If you've got a cute figure, then show it off!





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment