Thursday, August 19, 2010

I lost a Wallet in Korea - US Military People, Army perfered, but any military advice would be useful?

so i was in down-town Dague in South Korea where i am stationed, and I had lost my wallent while in a Mall. In it was my Military ID, which is the item in Concern. Cuz it has a lot of improtant info, such as SSN and my DOB. I'm waiting to get my new ID, but because of my SSN being on the ID, i was wondering who I should contact to keep aware of any suspicious activity, IE, bank accounts and what not being open. My credit is nothing to brag about, but i'd be stupid to assume that no damage can be done to it even with shitty credit?





On a seperate note not related to the losing of the ID, but i also no longer have my SSN card, and wondered if the military or somehow i can get a new one reissued to me while overseas?I lost a Wallet in Korea - US Military People, Army perfered, but any military advice would be useful?
Contact your local JAG office. They can get you the numbers of the 3 credit reporting bureaus. Place an identity fraud watch on your SSN with them so there can be no applilcations for new credit without contacting you 1st. They can also assist you in fighting identity theft if that does indeed happen.





In the meantime call all your banks/credit card companies and have them cancel and reissue the cards with new numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment