Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm active lesbian, lonely & am too reserved to let people beside me knows my sexual preference. Any advice?

I just wana released myself online. Am feeling very down and bottom deep inside......I'm active lesbian, lonely %26amp; am too reserved to let people beside me knows my sexual preference. Any advice?
It sucks. I grew up in the 70s and 80s when homosexuality was not accepted in the slightest- and then HIV/AIDS epidemic hit so I was too scared to say or do anything. So a lot of the best years of my youth were wasted. But I'm making up for it.





By the way, your sexual preference is your business... you don't have to tell anyone if you don't want to. If you feel like announcing your sexual identity will help you find a mate, go for it.





If you're too reserved for that, try the 'Women seeking Women' section of craigslist (or Yahoo! Personals- but Yahoo costs money) to find someone like yourself.





I feel for you. Good luck.I'm active lesbian, lonely %26amp; am too reserved to let people beside me knows my sexual preference. Any advice?
trust yourself . Let the inner you be in control just once and see how that feel if you can do it online you can do it outside the net. Go for it you only live once.....Oh but don't get to wild and do something that will land you in jail or hurt
I just recently confirmed to myself that I am a lesbian. Its sort of a shocker but then when I look back it does explain quite a lot of things. I am quite reserved like you and am sort of in a predicament at the moment. ....


I' not really sure what I can advice you but know this for sure- I am really interested in finding out the advice that people might give you.


I am not so keen though on internet dating, so I guess its even harder for me.
think of it this way. sexuality doesn't matter. u're gay doesn't mean u're just ';gay'; and nothing more about u. U have passion, love, strength, belief, and a unique personality. U are charismatic. Why would u limit urself to all ur potentials? U don't need to tell everyone that u're gay. People who care and open minded wouldn't find gayness a problem. People who classify urself as ';gay';, and nothing more, ignore to see u as a whole, they don't deserve ur attention.





Sweet girl, i see that in u. I believe ur life will turn out great.
Get a mullet, start telling everyone that your Ellens biggest fan.
I wish I could help you but I'm the same way. I'm a professional and feel like it would compromise too much. I'll be keeping an eye on your question in case there's anyone with good advice.





good luck!
I really wish there wasn't any need for ths type of questions any more. It is such a shame.





Sexual orientation is fixed by the age of 2 (even Freud, even back then, with all his psychoanalysis had no doubts about it).


Did you know that in 1997, the American Society of Psychology has banned the ';treatment'; of homosexuality? They have stated, after many years of observational studies, that sexual orientation is fixed, that means you are what you are, heterosexual or homosexual that is, and that they condemn and will take action against any psichiatrist or psychologist that will attempt a therapeutic approach aimed at changing the sexual orientation of their patients. These attemtps in the past have proven to be useless, harmful and incresed the rate of suicides amongst homosexual people! This is where the real shame is.


I do know that the world out there is still, or can still be, a nasty, discriminatory, hard place, but there is a huge community out there as well that know what homosexuality is about.


There is a growing community of people that have just stopped questioning homosexuality, exactly like we never questioned heterosexuality.


There is a lot you can read about this, from scientific papers and textbooks, to writers' essays, etc.


Obviously, gaining your inner strenght, to just be what you are, is a long and difficult process, and it won't happen overnight. But there is more awarness, and fairness and support and knowledge out there than you maybe think.





It's a bit like when Galileo and others started to say that planet Earth was revolving around the Sun and not viceversa. They were labelled as heretics, and they were even killed.


People who don't understand what homosexuality is about, just a variation from the most common sexual orientation, i.e. heterosexuality, are exactly like the persecutors of the ';heretics';. They are wrong, and they are idiots.


When you walk down a street next time, try to picture this, what would you think of people who said today that the Sun revolves around the Earth?


Hopefully in a not too distant future, the society that has prompted you to post this sad question, will look exactly as idiot as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment