Saturday, August 21, 2010

Im a 13 y/o girl who wants to run away. Im not asking for people to tell me not to do it I just need advice.?

I am not suffereing from abuse or anything, just lots of stress. My parents are great, but they are so wrapped up in their responsibilities that I feel as if I am a burden to them. I feel that I was born to travel the world, but they are stationary with their lives right now. I am in a difficult situation because my dad is mayor of a town, and he has to deal with all of that stuff. I asked my mom if i could leave them, but she said no. I have depression, and I truely do believe that travelling would benifit me. I don't think they would be willing to go with me, so Im ready to go alone. Im not gonna run out of the country right away, but I want to leave where I am now. I have talked with my best friend, who is abused, and she said her grandma would let us go there to live with her in Florida, and she would pay for everything. Not trying to sound conceited, but I am an intelligent person, with an IQ of 141. I have been told I am very wise for my age, so thats why Im seeking advice now.Im a 13 y/o girl who wants to run away. Im not asking for people to tell me not to do it I just need advice.?
Wow -- we have the exact same IQ. The difference is, I have almost 25 years more life experience.


DO NOT run away.


I've traveled the world, and it's REALLY dangerous out there.


That said, I understand your feelings. Thirteen is perhaps the hardest of all ages -- your dissatisfaction with life is perfectly age-appropriate and is coming from within, not external circumstance.


You say your parents are great, so I assume that you love them. Think about what your running away would do to them. Can you even begin to imagine how terrified and heartbroken they'd be?


Use that big brain of yours to kick butt at school for the next 4 years, then take the academic scholarship you'll surely earn and study abroad.


If you approach your future with maturity and respect instead of impatience, there will be no limit to what you can accomplish -- and consequently, where you can go.


And when you get really down, just picture yourself at 19, living in a cool apartment, studying at the University of Paris... imagine how hot your French boyfriend will be! (Much cuter than the skeezy pimp who'll try to take advantage of you if you're alone on the streets at 13.)


P.S. -- I've enjoyed communicating with you -- it's rare to find a 13-year-old on YA who can form a decent sentence. If you need someone to talk to, post again... I'd be happy to keep in touch.Im a 13 y/o girl who wants to run away. Im not asking for people to tell me not to do it I just need advice.?
you might be wise for your age, however, you are only 13.


try getting some help for your depression.


running away isn't going to solve anything.


bad things can happen that you may not be prepared for.


you'll be worst off than you are at home.


you have parents who love you. talk to them and tell them you need help.
i know how you feal my father is a loard.i wanted to run away when i was 12.but i stoped and thought about it.and i thought to my self,i dont know anyone.and the world is a big place,and some times bad.please take your time.and things will work out,talk to your mum and dad.its all you can do.hope this helps
I've often felt like this, luckily ive never had a friend thats been abused, seriously, don't run away, its not smart, and you could run into a bad situation. If you really feel you need to be a world traveler, see if you could become an exchange student.
All a 13 year old girl needs to concentrate on is School and Boys. Thats it. Don't be stupid and ruin your life while your young. Just get a good education and get into a university. then travel if you want to. Thats what I'm going to do, plus I'm going to get my career set up. Talk to your parents and tell them how you feel. 'm sure they'll understand
I'm 13 as well.


And I feel your situation, and I understand how it feels to be stressed and depressed.





But you have your whole life ahead of you.





Talk to your parents.





Honestly, the world is so so so much more harsh than it seems, and you can't trust everyone out there.








):
you're only 13 you need to listen to ur parents cuz they know wats best for you. if you want more attention just ask them for it. do you know the children out there who would kill to be where ur at right now. you are bless and u need to just talk to ur parents.
Lol I'm not helping a minor do something stupid. I was your age once and did think that way. Now that I'm older I realized how much of a fool I was.
Ok, screw your IQ, I'm afraid your intelligence has gone out of the window here.


Don't you realise how hurtful this is to your parents?


You are not a burden to them, but you are just a child.


Imagine having a daughter who felt like a burden to you and wanted to leave to travel the world.


You have no legal rights to anything, no money, no where to go, no transport, nothing.





Your parents are wrapped up in responsibilties working to make money for you. You are lucky to have parents who work hard.





When I was 13 I thought all these things too. It's just a stage every girl AND boy go through at the beginning of puberty, and your life might feel like a rollercoaster while you go through a load of changes.





I don't think you know what depression in, you are 13.





If you are wise for your age then be wise, and stay with your parents like a child is supposed to. They love you, and you need to learn to appreciate it before you grow bitter.





You have aaaaall your life to travel, wait until you are older with money and a good credit rating.


If anything happens to you it will be your parents who have to deal with it, not you.
I don't care how high you say your IQ is, you are still 13 and you need to be at home with your parents. You should be proud of your parents and appreciate what they have and are doing for you. Be grateful for what you have. Do you know how many 13 year old children in America and the world would love to be in your place? Millions. Look for the positives in your live, say ';thank you'; to your parents and mean it, think lovingly about them, and see how wonderful your life will become. Be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment